Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday! March 17th





So yesterday was my Surro daughters 1st birthday!, I cannot believe it has been a year already. I sit here feeling her sisters move and wiggle and think that a yr. ago I was in the hospital in labor, concentrating through every contraction, focusing on getting her here to see her anxiously awaiting daddies. It was such a nerve wracking day because we ( her daddies and I ) had decided to do a section instead of a natural birth and as I was getting checked in and hooked up to the monitors I could feel contractions, I looked over her her fathers and said well guys what if we decided to go natural anyway? They both looked at me and said huh? I told them I was contracting and maybe she had decided that today would be the day on her own and we should give her a chance to be born her way. So as great as they are they agreed to allow me to labor and we were off to the races and at 8:09 pm she came into this world! St. Patty's day no less! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with her and sing happy birthday to her for the first time, but it was not in the cards, I will write about that later. She is a joy and a wonderful baby ad has been since she was born. She makes her daddies smile at every turn and it warms my heart that I am a part of that joy in a tiny way. Days like today make me so proud and happy to be a surrogate!

No comments: