Thursday, January 14, 2010

Amanda..... Mandy.. I will miss you....

Well yesterday I found out that a very good friend of mine from high school passed away on January 4th. I found out in a pretty shitty way too. I went onto her FB page to which her a happy birthday which was the 13th and I say all the well wishes to hr family and we miss you's.. UGH. I completely broke down. I could not even think straight. I just spoke with her a few days before Christmas. I really wanted to have lunch with her soon and bam she is gone?? She was 29. She was a nurse, an army reservist, great friend, passionate, loving, caring, funny, goofy, she was one of the best people that I knew.. I remember being in high school with her she was laid back, one of the first people to make me feel like I was not the new kid, which I was. The new kid from Mass. She was one of the few white girls at my high school wish was mostly black. But she never really just hung out with he white girls, like they did they liked to keep to themselves but not Mandy, she was loved and liked by EVERYONE and when I say that I mean it, she never had any issues with anyone. She loved to laugh and to make other laugh ans her smile would brighten up any room. She was so smart and knew what she wanted. I envied that about her. I am 29 and still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up.LOL. We were on the swim team together, tennis team too. And she was GREAT at both. I sucked at tennis but was pretty good at swimming. It seemed no matter what she tried she succeeded at. Her parents were always so supportive of her and the other girls on the team, they always cheered us on and believe me, I never had that support of my parents, My dad was at work all the time and could not be there and my mom just could not careless ( to be honest)and it was soooooo nice to have her parents cheer me on too. Gosh I really wish I could have been a better friend to her, after high school we parted ways, she was on her way to college and I was a single mom raising a baby and working full time so we drifted apart. I finally found her about a yr. ago via FB and was so glad to have found her!! Being a wife and mom I do not and will ot let most of the peple in my past back into my life cause I know they are about the same drama as they were in high school, so the few that I let back in were and still are important to me. I can say taht she was a HUGE part of my life in the past and will be HIGHLY missed... Rest in peace Amanda....Love you...

No comments: