Monday, April 8, 2013

Assumptions....

SO why do people assume? We all do it, we try not to but it is just something that happens. It is what happens AFTER is what is important, if you take that assumption and run with it so to say. Being on the other end of an assumption really sucks, not only can it be hurtful but damaging as well. I guess I should explain. So my last post ended off with trying to be approved for another final journey, to help a women that I thought was amazing. I don't think she is any less amazing, nor do I think anything different of her. Well it turned out that her RE was unwilling to move forward with me as her surro and I knew this was a very possible situation and was prepared for it. IT no less sucked after hearing this news in July, it sucked more for her though. All I could think about was her and how she felt, and what she was going to do next. If I could help her find another surro that she would be comfortable with that could help her. She and I had a good relationship that was growing into a friendship, she is a very busy lady but always made time to chit chat or answer questions. So after our answer from the RE I wanted to give her some time to clear her mind and feelings, so I did not really contact her, I would comment on her FB page or like a picture so she knew I was still there.

 At the time in July there were things going on in my life that were stressful and hectic and the week of the July theater shootings I decided to deactivate my FB account, why? So I could be removed from everything that was a distraction to my life, so I could put all effort and energy into my life and things that were going on. Well the shooting happened and she (my possible IM) knew I lived in the vicinity of what happened and apparently she tried to contact me via FB, but I was gone. Come to find out months later after she had not responded to several messages, or posted on my wall ( after I reactivated at the end of August) I looked at her blog and what did I see? A post about me and how I cut her out of my life and that all she was to me were possible $$ signs....SERIOUSLY?? She did not try to contact me via text message, and YES she had my number, or email and again YES she has that too. She just spewed vial words of disgust about me on her blog.

 Then Aurora happens and I immediately look to see if she is OK (on FB – she lives in that vicinity) and she is gone. Poof. She blocked me. She erased me from her life. My husband was very relieved that we didn’t proceed further with someone who clearly didn’t see us as anything more than dollar signs…I took it a bit harder.. I felt like I’d been punched in the gut. The idea of someone carrying a child for me wasn’t easy. I had pangs and yearnings and questions but I made peace with it because of her. I also felt a connection to her and knew she would care for my children (if they do turn into children but with a normal CGH embryo made a few years ago, you have a good chance in the right womb). The person that I almost let carry my children blocked me on facebook. Just.Like.THAT. If that isn’t a kick in the pants, I don’t know what is. All I can say is I hope she isn’t following me. Fool me once and I get the picture. I’ve now learned that life is not only about choices but also how you react to the choices of others. I just keep on thinking…what if she had my children living inside of her and blocked me. What if, what if, what if. Maybe I have a guardian angel. I don’t know.

I am in awe of this post, because I needed time away from FB she ASSumes that I am just a careless, money grubbing piece of dirt. So I tried messaging her, again, and no response so I CALLED her on both numbers I had, emailed her and do you think I got a response? No, and crazy still we are still FB friends, you would think if I blocked her or unfriended her we would not still be FB friends but we are, you know why?? Because I NEVER did what she ASSumed I did. I cannot believe that she would go as far as not to return my calls, text message, email or FB message.

To think I did use ALL methods of communication at my disposal to contact her to let her know what really happened, something SHE should have done if she really cared if I was alright............. But maybe that is just me and the way I think, I don't know. I needed to get that out of my system, vent it into cyber space. I don't yet know how I should react, unfriend her? really truly block her? I still care about her and I know will still think about and wonder if her dream of becoming a mom of 2 (or 3) actually happens. I know I won't unfriend her, I didn't I am still in some strange way on her side. She truly is an amazing women and I still want nothing but the best for her and her family so I will accept sitting on the sidelines like some thrown away piece of trash. I know who I am, I know my value, I know my loyalty. I will act like me no matter what is thrown in my face. No matter what I will still cheer her on. I wrote this post back in October of 2012 and am just now posting it... I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to but I think now is as good a time as any.







No comments: